Brochure Type: USA and Canada Costsaver 2018
A discovery across South America's most influential and intoxicating countries, the icons of Argentina and Brazil like Sugarloaf Mountain, the Christ the Redeemer statue and Iguassu Falls by day.
- Buenos Aires Discover Recoleta Cemetery, the Plaza de Mayo and 9 de Julio Avenue, the widest avenue in the world before being whisked away to your dinner and Tango show, where you travel back to the glory days of this colourful city
- Iguassu Falls Step out onto catwalks along the world's widest cascading waterfalls and be awed by Devil's Throat before boarding your jungle train through the tropical Iguassu National Park
- Rio de Janeiro Explore iconic sights such as Copacabana and Ipanema Beaches, Christ the Redeemer and the stunning Tijuca Forest on your cogwheel train
- 8 Breakfasts
- 3 Dinners
- Audio Headsets Provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences
- Luxury air-conditioned coach
- All internal air included in trip cost
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Variety of Optional Experiences
- An expert Travel Director and separate driver
- All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes
Call (301) 977-4141 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13495825
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2017
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Rio de Janerio||Arrive Rio de Janerio (3 Nights): Welcome to Rio de Janerio. Get settled in at your hotel and start exploring before meeting your Travel Director this afternoon.|
Rio de Janeiro Mirador
|Day 2||Rio de Janeiro||Rio de Janeiro Sightseeing and Free Time: Begin the day with a visit to the Cosme Velho district where you will board a cogwheel train. Wind your way through the Tijuca Forest to the top of Corcovado Mountain. Have a closer look at the tropical forest's lush vegetation and enjoy panoramic views of the city. Disembark at the top of Corcovado Mountain where you will stand next to one of the Seven Modern World Wonders: the Statue of Christ the Redeemer. From here, you have unparalleled views of the "Marvellous City." After, drive along some of the most famous beaches in the world-Copacabana and Ipanema. The rest of the day is yours to explore the city at leisure. Full Breakfast|
|Day 3||Rio de Janeiro||Rio de Janeiro Free Time: Today, enjoy and explore. Perhaps board a helicopter and soar high over Rio or visit one of Rio's hillside favelas, interacting with locals and gaining a new understanding of Brazilian society. Maybe discover the charm and beauty of Santa Teresa, which originated around a convent during the 16th Century and is home to artists, galleries, museums and eateries, or relax on the beach. This evening, join your fellow travelling companions at a local churrascaria where meat is cooked in the churrasco style.Full Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 4||Iguassu Falls||Rio de Janeiro - Iguassu Falls (2 Nights): Fly from Rio de Janeiro to Iguassu Falls. Located where the Iguassu River empties its waters into the Parana River, the falls form the world's widest waterfalls and gives rise to the double border of Brazil and Argentina. Settle into your hotel this evening where dinner is served.Full Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 5||Iguassu Falls||Iguassu Falls and Free Time: This morning, enter the Iguassu National Park on the Brazilian side of the falls. Walk along the paths to the catwalk that leads to the bottom of Devil's Throat, enjoying magnificent views. The morning is spent at the falls with the afternoon at leisure. Consider several optional experiences for your leisure time: embark on the Macuco Safari for a exhilarating ride to the base of the falls or you may choose to visit Bird Park, home to more than 900 native birds while walking through subtropical forests. For the more adventurous, consider aerial views of the falls, National Park and surrounding jungle from your helicopter flight. Full Breakfast|
|Day 6||Buenos Aires||Iguassu Falls - Buenos Aires (3 Nights): Depart from your hotel with a quick customs stop. Cross the Tancredo Neves Bridge, the border between Argentina and Brazil. Once in Argentina, take a scenic drive up to the Argentinian Iguassu National Park. Visit the Argentinean falls and visitor's center, then proceed to the river cascades and falls aboard the Ecological Jungle Train to the most impressive observation point, Devil's Throat. This afternoon, fly to Buenos Aires.Full Breakfast|
De las Americas
|Day 7||Buenos Aires||Buenos Aires Sightseeing and Free Time: Today, see the famous 9 de Julio Avenue, the widest avenue in the world and pass by the beautiful Colon Theater, the cultural pride of Buenos Aires. Arrive at the main square, Plaza de Mayo, which is surrounded by the Government House and the first City Hall. Stop at the Metropolitan Cathedral before continuing on through San Telmo, a historical neighbourhood and the oldest district of Buenos Aires. Visit La Boca, a very colourful area of painted houses. Continue to Recoleta Cemetery, home to the grave of Eva Duarte, "Evita." This evening, enjoy dinner and a Tango show in historic Buenos Aires where the golden age of Tango shines once again. Experience the great Argentinean passion with a live orchestra and classic Tango dancers.Full Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 8||Buenos Aires||Buenos Aires Free Time: Set out into the city on your own or join several optional excursions available to you. Perhaps learn about the life of the Gauchos. Appreciate the charm of the Argentinean landscape as you travel out of the city to the region known as the Pampas. Round out your day in the countryside with a barbecue lunch, Argentinean wines, folk music, traditional dances and Gaucho games. Or consider an optional trip to Tigre and Delta Rio de la Plata, the aristocratic northern district of San Isidro Arrive in Tigre, a charming seaside town. Enjoy a boat excursion around some of the stunning islands of this delta. Your Travel Director will be more than happy to help you plan your day.Full Breakfast|
|Day 9||DEPART BUENOS AIRES||Depart Buenos Aires: Hasta que nos encontremos de nuevo-until we meet again. Say goodbye to your Travel Director and new friends or extend your stay in Buenos Aires.Full Breakfast|
- For a trip with more exclusive Insider experiences, more included meals and upgraded hotels, see our Impressions of South America itinerary featured in the USA & Canada brochure.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class