GLOBUS 2018: La France (RA)
15 days from Paris to Paris
Call (301) 977-4141 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13595861
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2017
- 15 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Paris||Welcome to Paris! At 5:30 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions, and leave the hotel for a welcome dinner at one of Paris' lively restaurants. Then, take the elevator to the second floor of the EIFFEL TOWER to get a first impression of the 'City of Light.' (D)|
|Day 2||Paris||In the morning, an optional excursion is available to the impressive Palace and Garden of Versailles, built by the 'Sun King,' Louis XIV. Guided sightseeing features the highlights of Paris, like the Arc de Triomphe, Opera, Madeleine, and Champs-Elysees. Visit magnificent NOTRE DAME CATHEDRAL and admire its Rose Window. This evening, why not join an optional cabaret show? (B)|
|Day 3||Bayeux||A pleasant drive through the rural area west of Paris takes you to Honfleur with its enclosed harbor. Time to explore this picturesque town before heading to Bayeux, where you can admire QUEEN MATILDA'S TAPESTRY, depicting in extraordinary detail William the Conqueror's conquest of England. (B)|
|Day 4||St Malo||On to the Normandy Beaches, scene of the Allied Forces' landing on D-Day, June 6, 1944. Stop at OMAHA BEACH and visit the AMERICAN CEMETERY. Enjoy an included lunch before you visit the famous ABBEY OF MONT ST. MICHEL, spectacularly perched on a rocky isle in the Gulf of Saint Malo. (B,L)|
|Day 5||Loire Valley||Enjoy a scenic drive through Brittany and stop in Esse to visit [LF] La Roche-aux-Fees, a dolmen dating back to 3500-3000 BC. Then, enter the Loire Valley, and stop in Angers for an orientation of this beautiful town on your way to Blois. This evening, you may wish to sample traditional cuisine at a local restaurant. (B)|
|Day 6||Bordeaux||Visit the 16th-century castle of Catherine de Medici, lovely CHENONCEAU, a fairytale castle with a moat and towers. Continue to Bordeaux, and join your Tour Director for a walking tour through this pretty city on the Garonne River. Tonight, savor [LF] dinner at the well-known Brasserie Bordelaise restaurant. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Bordeaux||Morning at leisure; your Tour Director will have suggestions. This afternoon, your highlight is a visit to St. Emilion, where an exclusive WINE TASTING at Chateau Soutard awaits you. (B,D)|
|Day 8||Lourdes||A wonderful stop at the coast to visit Biarritz, an ancient fishing village turned trendy seaside resort. Continue to Lourdes, one of the world's most famous places of pilgrimage. Visit the GROTTO where the Virgin Mary appeared to St. Bernadette in 1858, and this evening, join the memorable Rosary and candlelight procession. (B,D)|
|Day 9||Nimes||From Lourdes to the beautifully preserved, medieval, walled town of Carcassonne for a leisurely walk by the ancient battlements and time to explore the town on your own. Continue to Nimes for your overnight stay. Find out what both this city and Genoa, in Italy, have to do with jeans! (B,D)|
|Day 10||French Riviera||This morning, arrive in Grasse, and visit the famous Fragonard Usine Historique, where [LF] an expert will give a lecture about PERFUME-MAKING. Then, drive along the Mediterranean coast and the famous Promenade des Anglais in Nice. (B)|
|Day 11||French Riviera||Enjoy enchanting Cote d'Azur at your own pace. Visit the beach or browse through the elegant shops; you may wish to join an optional excursion to the famous artist town of St. Paul de Vence, or to Monte Carlo. (B)|
|Day 12||Lyon||Drive through splendid vineyards and arrive at Aix-en-Provence, one of France's most elegant cities. It was the birthplace of painter Cezanne, and has always attracted artists from all over the world. Follow your Tour Director for a walking tour through the center of the town. Then, join the main highway of France, the Route du Soleil, to Lyon, and enjoy a breathtaking panoramic view of the city and its Roman ruins from FOURVIERE HILL. (B,D)|
|Day 13||LYON-DIJON||Start today with [LF] a PRIVATE CRUISE on the Rhone and Saone Rivers with a Local Guide who will explain the sights. Time to walk through OLD LYON and see the Murales, examples of trompe l'oeil, started by a group of students in the '70s. Continue to Dijon, capital of Burgundy. During your orientation, hear about the various dukes who ruled over the area, then there is time to browse the shops and enjoy this charming city. (B,D)|
|Day 14||Paris||Enjoy a ride on the high-speed TGV TRAIN to Paris. You may wish to join the optional excursion to the artists' hill of Montmartre, followed by a cruise on the Seine River. (B)|
|Day 15||Paris||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $1061No triple room reduction.Extra nights per person in Paris:Pre tour: in single room $249-$582, in twin $135-$301, in triple $154-$395Post tour: in single room $208-$355, in twin $114-$188, in triple $146-$243
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).